Over the last few days I have been making a pouch for my partner in the Sweet Little Pouch Swap and have been winging it in typical Juliet style.
I started off by designing a paper pieced a panel which reflected my partner's interests. It was inspired by this amazing mini quilt.
I then got a bit carried away and designed a second paper pieced panel for the back.
sewing case, BUT the panels were a bit bigger than my original pattern so I needed to alter the dimensions of the pattern.
The problem with altering the pattern was that I needed a longer zip. I went to buy a nice long zip and discovered that the only longer zips that I could find were either in really ugly colours or chunky zips. It was a tough decision but I finally decided to go with the pretty coloured chunky zip.
What a mistake!!! The thing was a PIG to put in!!! I sewed, I swore, I unpicked, I sewed, I swore, I unpicked, I sewed, I swore, I unpicked... By the time it was finished I was VERY grumpy and was about ready to throw the thing across the room.
In the end the result is pretty good, but I am left feeling a bit disappointed knowing what it could have been and obsessing about the wonky bits.
I really hope that my partner loves her pouch. She will hopefully be able to see past all the imperfections that scream at me.
|See, I told you it was wonky! Look how squint it stands!|