Quite a few people suggested a solid background and although I knew that they were right, it just seemed a wee bit on the boring side, so I decided to piece a striped back using the teal and aqua fabrics from the bird. I love how it turned out.
I added at hidden zip to the cushion using this tutorial- I love this method and would definitely do it again, its so quick and easy!
The only problem with having decided to keep this cushion for our house is that Mr Tartankiwi has now requested that I make another 3 to make a set. I know he's right but I just don't know if I've got the concentration to actually do it- I have a pretty short crafting attention span and like new challenges but get bored by too much repetition (as you've probably worked out by now!)
Its quite a while since I've made any blocks for the aqua, tangerine and grey quilt and to be honest I have not been feeling that motivated to get back to it. Its been in the back of my mind and I've been trying to ignore it. But then a little package arrived in the mail and I KNEW that I had to get back to it.
Just look at this beautiful fabric that my lovely friend bought for me in Portugal.
It seemed rude not to get to work and make a block with it, so here it is, the Solstice Star.
After all of the paper pieced blocks that I have done recently, it was refreshing to make a traditionally pieced block. I must admit that I was a bit nervous when I saw that I had to cut with an accuracy of 1/8 inch and I was envisioning having to add a border to the completed block. I am glad to say that my accuracy must be getting better as the block is dead on 12.5 inch.
And here's the latest collage:
I'm joining in with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced