- My new boots. After seeing the amazing shoe and boot finds that Nin and Miriam discover in op shops, I wandered past the shoe display the last time that I was in an op shop. I am amazed to report that not only was there a pair of boots that I liked, but that they fitted perfectly! I love that they only cost $2 so I have Mr Tartankiwi's blessing to buy some more if I ever see more. I have been dreaming of brown boots for YEARS so its great to finally be able to add a pair to my wardrobe.
- A little boy who has worked out that if he says "pweeeeeease" with a huge grin on his face that mum will laugh and give him more food. So cute! I love this stage when words begin to appear more and more!
- Loving that Rascal's favourite book at the moment is Katie Morag. These books tell of a little girl growing up on the Isle of Struay (a fictional island on the West Coast of Scotland). I love how even though Katie Morag's life is very different to the one that Rascal lives and some of the words of dialect are unfamiliar to her, there is so much that she can relate to. And she is learning a wee bit about her Scottish heritage- never a bad thing if you ask me!
- Loving new fabric, just waiting to be cut and used in various projects. Each piece was bought for a specific purpose, I can't wait to see how they turn out... Its so great to be able to go along to the Sew Pretty Shop and to handle the fabrics and see them first hand. I must admit that a few fabrics that I have thought were perfect for the job after searching online have not seemed quite so perfect once I've seen the real colours. I had two little "helpers" with me today. I wouldn't DARE to take the two of them along to Spotlight with me, but one was a good helper today and the other one only caused minor havoc (he did it with such a cute grin on his face though that I think he was immediately forgiven!)
- Finally, I'm super excited by this awesome awesome package that was waiting on our doorstep when we got home. All the way from the U.S.A. comes this beautiful Willodel Gnome House, which I was lucky enough to win in a giveaway over on Natural Suburbia. Isn't it gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see Rascal's face when she sees it. Made with love and real attention to detail. I think we're going to have to make (or find) some gnomes to live in this house.
A bit late, but I'm linking in with Things I'm loving at its new home.