It was yet another of those projects that I made up as I went along. It started life as one of these cute little patchwork tote bags, but as I was making it, I decided that it was going to be too small. So I altered some of the dimensions. After doing that, I realised that the original plan wouldn't work any more, so I just improvised until I came up with something halfway decent.
My favourite part is all the pockets. There is a zip pocket, a large open pocket and a mobile phone pocket (which I since realised will probably not fit anything except old fashioned small phones).
This was my first attempt at making and using piping. Its not perfect but I'm pretty happy with it as a first attempt. I am also rather fond of the scrappy strap (which I forgot to take a decent photo of).
I think I need to work on my machine quilting as parts of it were meant to be stitch in the ditch, but ended up being stitch right next to the ditch (oops!)
I'm joining up with Creative Spaces today.