I have found a solution that keeps everybody happy!- Make them!
I am happy because I can dare to be seen with my husband and as the fabric was bought on sale the price was very agreeable.
He is happy because he has new clothes without ever having set foot in a clothes shop! The only thing that he is not so happy about is the trade off that he has to model his new shorts on my blog (hee hee- its only fair isn't it!)
|Can you tell that he's worn them quite a bit since I made them in early January?|
I also took various notions off his old shorts and re-used them for these shorts. It really is the small details which make all the difference to homemade clothes!
Mr Tartankiwi is really happy and has worn them a lot so far.
I am critical as ever and think there are a few improvements that I would make next time round:
- Alter my pattern and put seams down the outside of the leg next time so that I can do a different style of pocket and therefore add more pockets.
- Alter the pattern so that there is more fabric at the back than the front.
- Place the tartankiwi label behind the pocket instead of in the front.
- Ahem!- try not to have the fabric inside-out next time.
- Ahem!- Don't use the quick unpick quite so much next time and if I have to use it, be sure not to damage the fabric- Grrr!