A wee while ago, my bloggy friend Kat made a cheeky request. She was making a massive scrappy log cabin quilt and although she was participating in a couple of quilting bees, she was majorly short of blocks. In a flash of inspiration, she asked her blog followers for help.
Now Kat is one talented cookie, so not only did she ask for help, but she provided a tutorial on how to create such blocks. After having looked at the tutorial, I decided to give it a go.
The brief was:
bright, happy (and a little bit pink) in colour
She gave more detail saying that her favourite prints are:
dots of all kinds,
prints with a
bit of interest - such as script/writing etc...
teacups & teapots.
And here is what I came up with:
I think that I followed the brief... there's a little bit of pink; and there are birds, dots, geometric prints and vintage florals. I love the fun (pink) giraffes in the centre! I probably should have planned the fabric placement a bit better, as I used up most of my favourite fabrics in the smaller central strips and then had to go looking for suitable fabrics for the larger outer strips. But hey, this was my first effort and I reckon its not bad!
Now I just hope I've not been bitten by the quilting bug. If I have, I blame you Kat!!!
Challenge #53 (Make a block for a bloggy friend's quilt)- COMPLETE
For more creative spaces, go here