I found a very cute embroidery template here and embroidered it using red thread.
Then I sewed it into a pouch (an adaption of this pattern).
I loved the embroidery; loved the combination of vintage fabric and green lining; loved the pouch design but was only pleased, not thrilled with the finished item. It just somehow didn't seem to work all together.
Back to the drawing board....
I found some green embroidery thread in the bottom of my sewing box and tried again.
|Can't see it? - No, neither could I!|
Second attempt aborted.
Finally, I searched high and low and found a scrap of light coloured fabric suitable for the embroidery. Here's attempt number 3:
Did you notice the best bit?
|LOVE my new labels (more on them in another post!)|
I can't believe that I ruined all that hard work!
I was really really pleased with the finished result, but was suddenly hit by a bout of (very uncharacteristic) perfectionism. This led me to give the embroidery a wee iron just to get rid of any wee wrinkles that may have occurred when turning the pouch the right way out...
AAAARGH! I singed the fabric so it now its all blotchy... GUTTED!!!! Maybe I could tea stain the whole panel to make the colour look a bit more even. Maybe that would make it look even worse. I think I'll have to take a step back and decide what to do. Maybe I'll decide its not that obvious after all.
If it wasn't for this final drama, I'd be absolutely thrilled with the finished article. For the moment frustration and disappointment are winning the day, hopefully this will diminish with time.
For more creative people who don't botch up all their hard work, go here