I can't remember quite how or when I decided to design a combi van block, all I know is that it was way back in the early days of my designing.
A while later, I made a second attempt and yet again my old software gave me problems. The design was finished but I couldn't get it numbered and out of the computer, it was very frustrating!
|This flower power version is by Joanne|
My pattern testers did a great job for me, I have included pictures of their blocks in this post.
|This version is by Allison|
I must be honest, I have been waiting to hear that people have had problems printing my patterns due to the differences in A4 paper and the standard US paper size. Without knowing the exact printable limits, it was difficult to do anything about the potential problem.
The version of this pattern that I sent to the pattern testers is the first time that I have been aware of printing problems on US paper. I have now rearranged the pattern pieces so it should no longer be a problem.
|This version is by Raewyn|
Hopefully this is something that I can now avoid on future patterns, but I'm pretty sure that some of my existing patterns will exhibit this problem.
I have a long list of jobs that I want to get done when I stop working at the shop and one of them is to go back over my old patterns and clean them up. It will be a long job and I'm probably kidding myself that it will ever get done, but any patterns with printing issues will definitely go to the top of the pile!
**This post contains affiliate links**