After my semi-successful attempt at a 90-minute shirt the other day, I was really keen to have another go and see if I could get the neck to sit properly.
As with day 1 of the challenge, I had all the pieces cut and ready to go, so all I needed to do was sew. I must admit that I didn't keep too close an eye on the clock, so it is possible that I spent a bit over an hour sewing, but it really wasn't that much extra.
1. I used different, more stable knit fabric.
2. I altered the pattern slightly so that the shoulders weren't quite as wide
3. (This was the most important thing...) While sewing the ribbing to the neckline, I made sure to pull the rib tight. Thanks to Gabrielle for this tip- it really made a HUGE difference!
And here's the result...
For some strange reason the wrist cuffs seem to be a wee bit tight, but apart from that, this is a definite step up. I'll just keep on perfecting my wee pattern each time that I use it. I really am going to make lots more of these- so quick easy and cute!
Oh and before I forget, here are a couple of pictures of Rascal in her octopus trousers. She declared that they were "really really cool" and has hardly taken them off since she was given them- Phew! Always a relief when they like what you make for them!!!
My Craftsy store still exists, but only stocks free patterns.
I hope that these closures are temporary, but only time will tell.
For the time being, my patterns will only be available from https://payhip.com/tartankiwi (see link above).
Thank you for your patience in this time of transition