I would like to thank Working London Mummy for sending me a Kreativ Blogger Award. I though it would be fun to pass it on, so here goes.
I'll start with the rules:
- Link to 10 blogs;
- Tell these bloggers about the award; and
- Share 10 facts about yourself
- I have a Bachelors degree in Archaeological Science and a Masters degree in Osteology, Palaeopathology and Funerary Archaeology (bet you've never heard of that!)
- Before I escaped to New Zealand, I lived in the Netherlands for over 10 years. I went there for a 6 month archaeology contract and ended up staying...
- I do not consider myself a natural linguist, but I am fluent in Dutch (or I used to be!). Five years away from the place and its got a bit rusty.
- My brain has room for a maximum of 2 languages (English & foreign). So when I returned to the Netherlands after spending a couple of months working in Jordan, I confused people by responding to Dutch with stumbling Arabic (oops!)
- My blog is called Craft and Nappies, but I don’t think I’ve mentioned nappies once. Both my children are in cloth nappies. If anyone’s interested we use Bummis covers and prefold nappies. LOVE THEM!
- I breastfed Rascal till she was 20 months old. I learnt not to talk about it after she turned one as I got sick of being judged. I just didn’t see the logic of stopping breastfeeding her earlier only to give her formula…
- We used baby sign language with Rascal and I can’t wait till Wee Man starts picking it up. Its great fun to communicate so well with really young children and it helps to avoid lots of frustration.
- After years of being FORCED to eat “just one brussel sprout”, my hatred of the dreaded sprout is very deeply ingrained. That said, I don’t actually mind their taste that much any more. I probably would eat them if it hadn't become such a matter of principal... Just don't tell my Dad!
- I am NOT a morning person, but if I can drag myself out of bed, I do my best work in the morning.
- I wish I had a stronger Scottish accent
1. Make It Give It- Let It Shine
2. Imagination Overload
4. Mummy Adventures
6. Works in Progress
7. Creating Childhood Memories
8. Striking Keys
9. Hello Fallow
10. 1000 Homes of Happiness